Taxis are always in great demand in Kolkata round the year, and during the special occasions such as Durga Pooja, the demand reaches the rooftop. No wonder, taxi operators, and other service providers take it as the best opportunity to earn money.
However, the situation is changing dramatically after the emergence of highly professional service providers such as Uber.
The company is known for its unmatched customer service and high punctuality. Uber Kolkata, the world-class Taxi-hailing aggregator, becomes the preferred mode of conveyance today. Every month, ample numbers of vehicles are getting added to the fleet; making it greatly available and visible.
Uber ensures that there is no shortage of taxis during the festive season
With a fleet of 10000+ cars (and the clocks is ticking every day), Uber Kolkata looks forward to serve the people of Kolkata in the best manner. Last year it made quite a significant difference.
It is expected that customers will see a visible change in the availability of Uber vehicles in the subsequent festive seasons. With more cars getting attached to Uber, it will be surely the most sought taxi service in the Metro.
As the company targets to operate 20K cars in the city, people will definitely have more Uber vehicles during the next Puja. Of course, it is subject to the release of licenses by the government.
Price surge is the core area of focus
Uber has always followed the policy of minimizing price surge. The same philosophy will be followed in Kolkata and everywhere in India. Also, the company is coming out with many innovative moves that will take the popularity graph further high in Kolkata.
The objective of Uber Kolkata is to offer a convenient, prompt and comfy ride to Kolkata citizens at affordable rates, and a service quality distinctly different from others.
Uber cab attachment procedure in Kolkata
- Uber Kolkata currently accepts Tourist Permit vehicles ONLY which are commercially licensed, yellow plated and are of 2010 and newer models.
- On attaching the car with Uber, you get a device with the Uber app. There are NO attachment fees involved.
- Uber takes 20% as a commission on the total earnings you make.
- Uber calculates payments on a weekly cycle, which begins at 4:00 am on Monday and goes to 3:59 am the following Monday.
- This means that any trip taken on Monday after 4:00 am will appear in the following week’s payment statement.
Types of cars that can be attached in Uber Kolkata
There are 3 categories in Uber Kolkata
- UberGo: Indica/ Vista/ WagonR/Swift, Indigo CS, Etios Liva
- UberX: Verito/ Swift/ Dzire/ Etios/ Indigo XL/ Manza
- Uber SUV: Rapid/ Vento/ City/ Sunny/ Duster/ Innova/ Aria,etc
For X/Go category,only cars with manufacturing date 2008 or later is accepted
For Black/SUV,only cars with mfg.date 2012 or newer is accepted
Your earnings totally depends upon the total number of trips you make, the more number of trips you make is the more amount of money you can earn.
Every trip has 3 components
- Base fare: Ensures that the kilometers you cover for reaching the pickup location are covered.
- Per kilometer fare: Long or short trips, you are sure to earn
- Per minute fare: Even if you are stuck in traffic, you will make money
Apart from trip earnings, you have other benefits like bonus, incentives and referrals.
You will be briefed on any other required information about our payment procedure and current incentive structure during the info session.
Documents required to attach car with Uber in Kolkata
- For anyone driving
- Driver’s license – Have a Light Motor Vehicle Cab License (LMV-CAB)
- Current address proof
- Police clearance certificate
- For anyone driving
- For vehicle
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Vehicle registration (Registration Smart Card or Vehicle Particulars for Vehicles not older than 3 months)
- Vehicle permit (TR7 form accepted for Vehicles not older than 6 months)
- For vehicle
- For Non-Driving Partner (NDP):
A fleet owner or non-driving-partner is someone who does not drive himself, but owns vehicles and manages drivers on the Uber platform.
- Photo ID
- Cancelled Cheque
Uber Kolkata Office address:
1st Floor Classic Tower, Above Samsung Showroom, 56 Gariahat Road, Near Ballygunge Phari Kolkata – 19 OR
2nd Floor, EN-34, Near Hotel East Palace, EN-Block, Sector V, Kolkata – 91
Weekdays – 10.00 AM-04.00 PM, Weekends Closed