Car pooling becomes more and more popular because it is convenient and cost-effective. Companies offer exciting and customer-centric offers with enhanced commuter benefit programs. Due to its convenience, it is an obvious choice for the majority of commuters.
Why is it a grand success? Why do people like the idea of sharing a ride? What are the pros and cons of it?
Pros of Uber Pool
- You share resources by hiring a car pool. One car is shared by three or four people, and there is a great saving on costs. You save precious fuel and save damage to the environment as well. As the fuel prices soar high, it is always beneficial to use car pools.
- You meet new people and develop new relations. You ride the car, fix the seat belt and look around. There are fellow passengers around you who have varied experience and exposure of diversified fields.
- When you are in need of vehicle, Uber pool offers a cost-effective mode of commutation. Shared Taxi is always cheaper than hiring a personal one.
- Sometimes, there are special offers and discounts on car pools. If you are a seasoned pooler, then you come to know about the offers earlier than others. Thus, you have a chance to save a few bucks.
Cons of Uber Pool
Well, a coin always has two sides. So far, we talked about the goody-goody part of it. However, there are a few flip sides as well.
- You get a boring company. Not always your fellow passengers are exciting. Sometimes, you meet irritating people in the pool. Or there are dumb passengers who don’t utter a single word during the journey or don’t even pass a smile.
- You need to travel extra miles because of your fellow passengers. If there are people who need to get down in some interior areas, then it increases your travel time. Though car pool drivers try to optimize the route as much as possible, at times you have to travel a farther distance.
- If you are the first person riding the car and the last person getting down, then the journey is not cheerful indeed. By the time you reach the destination, you are fully exhausted.
- You get uncomfortable ‘third seat’ if the car is small or the fellow passengers are big.
Regardless of pros and cons, Uber Pool is definitely a good mode of travel during the peak or off-peak time.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.